Monday, April 11, 2011

Stumbling blocks by Satan


When you first think about adoption it comes across your mind, will you love them like you do your other children. I can remember when we first went to meet Isaac for the first time after we left I told Eric, my husband that I wasn't sure if we were doing the right thing. While we was there. Isaac was so attached to his foster mother. I kind of felt like I was taking her baby. Isaac didn't seem to notice me, But he did take up with Eric. Which surprised me because he isn't the baby person Like I am. When I said that to Eric with all the doubts rushing through my head. Eric's reply was, "No, That's my boy!" I remember looking at him and thinking who is this person. Sure he had agreed to adopt becuase I wanted another baby so badly. Looking back, I know who was talking, the Holy Ghost was putting a stop to what Satan was putting in my head, Fear... Afraid I wouldn't know what to do, Wouldn't be good enough,,,Maybe not even love him... The next day we went back to bring him home. I had spent a long night praying and as soon as we got there he reached right for me.


And there was that bond that very second and I knew God would make everything alright!


When we got home, we showed him to Grannie and Grandma who lived with us at the time and they were so excited,

which is an understatment and to make it even more special it was grandma's birthday! All the kids were all so excited!!!

Then a couple weeks after we got Isaac home I recieved a call about a little girl who was 4 months old with downs syndrome who's birth mom was looking for a home for and they were refering her to us, if we still wanted. I was soooo excited!! But... I had to talk Eric into it. And I don't think I ever shut up...Talk about NAG NAG NAG...But we got her, Savannah Rayne joined our family when she was 11 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment